Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Two hour Tuesday...

Ahh... today is starting well, rode the bike, took my oldest (at home) to school, kissed and prayed and had some interaction with my youngest two, before my wife took them to school and I can hear my middle up, but haven't seen her yet. I saw Ron on his bike (riding hard as usual) while taking my son to school, I enjoyed an egg from one of Darryl's chickens as part of my breakfast, had a short funny note from Colin, ... I haven't even really left my house to start my 'outside' day and I feel like I've had good contact with several already!  :-)

I was up at the normal time today. I've kind of started thinking of Tuesdays as "Two hour Tuesday". So, today, with a little assistance from a movie (US Marshals - Tommy Lee Jones) I rode my bike for 121 minutes. I was mostly on autopilot, but did glance down at my Cateye now and then: seemed to be maintaining a 90-105 cadence. I was a little saddened that my trainer seems to be starting to have the same problem that it had before I replaced the resistance unit. I'm not sure what to do about that yet. I'll send them an email and see where we go from there. 

I would like to add a run at lunch, but I just don't have the time.  The run will come first thing tomorrow morning and after that I'll get to try out these drills with the added benefit of using fins. I'm looking forward to that and am hoping that it will help me to start making better progress on my "anti-drowning" (swimming).

One side effect of the increased exercise is an increase in my appetite. I still eat mostly healthy, but I am eating larger quantities. 
For Example: this morning I had a piece of whole wheat bread before riding and a granola bar during the ride, as well as a bottle of water. Afterwards I made a smoothie: banana, apple, spinach, yogurt, almonds, flax seed, blue berries, crasins, carrots, soy milk, protein powder, carob powder, peanut butter and ice. It made about 50 ozs. I drank some and will take the rest with me to work for my snack. I also made an egg: sauteed some onions and garlic, added it to an egg, slice of mozzarella cheese, good turkey lunch meat, black pepper and cyan pepper.  Mmmmm ... tasty.  

Have a Great Day!!

2 comments:

  1. Well from your pictures it looks like you had something from a petree dish and and a sea creature with tenticals maybe a squid for breakfast. Maybe that's why you have such bad gas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! What looks like a 'petree dish' above is actually the top of a canning jar filled with the smoothie described above (the green color comes from the spinach), lol ... and the 'tenticals' ... lol ... well that would be the onion. On the flip side, I wouldn't be surprised if the microorganism nutrient that they use in those petree dishes had more nutrients than much of the 'fast food' we commonly eat these days ... :-)

    ReplyDelete

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .