Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Praying for no rain

Sometimes I wrestle with praying for weather that is amiable to riding when I have a ride planned - that's how it was today. Not getting to ride on Monday, I really wanted to ride with the Tuesday night group. And ... my thanks to God again for holding back the rain in my area and getting to do the ride.

For tonights ride I tried a different routine for hydration and energy: I only drank water (and took my last sip in my front yard after I was done) and I took a Chocolate Chip Clif Bar (which I broke up and ate portions as the ride progressed). I think it worked much better as I was still tired physically, but not at zero. I will continue to work on this and will try the Cliff Shots on Saturdays ride - again with only water though, and a 'gu' too.

The ride was good and hard as is what I expect of these rides and it's why I like them. I was late tonight getting to the starting point and they were just a tad ahead of me, so I had a little catch up and then settled in to the back of the pack (12 riders). We did the normal route which is Tx Plume twice and then Valley View Lane twice and then back. [The photo is of the ride. Laps 1-4 are getting to the starting point of the group ride. Lap 6 and lap 8 are for Tx Plume. Unfortunately lap 7 includes the whole last hour of the ride: Valley View twice, down Tx Plume and most of the back. Lap 10 is the little time trial (where my legs were to tired to push hard - but my lungs and heart felt ready, just no legs). Laps 11-14 are the trip back home.Notable numbers are a Max HR of 183 with lots of time in the 170's. The avg speed for the group ride was 19.6.

Today was a day that started with 'looking like the fool': I did two things; sent an email to an individual that was actually a list email so a very large number of people saw my msg saying I was going to be in late and why ... :-(  Lastly I commented on a comment on someone else's facebook that I thought was serious, but it was just a joke ... showing my age by thinking people are meaning what they say ... So my day started with some good humble pie.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .