Friday, July 31, 2009

Evening short ride

Yesterday morning started with lightning and tornado alarms and intense rain ... not riding weather!

But, it is amazing how quickly the ground soaks in the water and most of the puddles were gone from the streets my mid morning and by evening - it was good riding weather. So I was able to ride to the dam and do a lap and a half and then back home. I managed about 5 intervals on one trip across; one trip was a sustained effort; one of the half trips was extended time of high cadence (105-115); the remaining half lap was just riding with a small burst at the end; lastly was good effort up Mtn Creek (2:05). [Details: 18.1 miles, 1:01:11, 17.7 mph avg, (1358 calories), avg HR 142, max HR 179.]

My bike is in need of a through cleaning as it's making some pedaling noises. I am hoping to have some time this evening in the garage to take it apart and clean it well. Tomorrow, fast Dave is heading over in the morning and will be riding my route with me. (Here's my blog entry when I rode with him several weeks back: Sat Dave's route.) We both mostly train alone, so it's nice to ride together when we can. My route is a bit different from his (no bleach - pepper juice required), so I think he'll find it a 'good' ride. :-)

Life continues to be full. Just getting in 3 rides a week has been difficult - but is the minimum to even maintain my fitness in hopes of the sub 5 hr century in ~9 weeks.

Nutrition I've been doing well with not eating chocolate and ice cream. I have allowed some Sherbet though - which is lower in fat. Other than that I've been doing pretty well.

We still have a computer at the house that won't connect to the Internet. With 6 people wanting time and sharing one computer is tough when the other is just sitting right there. So, I'm working on that ... as I can. (More of the 'life is full' theme...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .