Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wed - high lights

This day is almost over, but I'll give 5 minutes (OK, 15 by the time I'm done) for a short reflection on it:
-5:30 wake up to be out the door by 6 to ride with C. We haven't ridden together for months, so having an hour together - some riding, some chatting - is nice.
- 7:00 back home fixing breakfast for my wife and I - oatmeal+ and some potatoes+.
- clean up, eating, etc...
- called Garmin to talk to a customer support person - explained my situation with my second unglued 305 device. He gave me a rma# and will send me another refurbished unit as a replacement. That's better than having a non-functioning unit or sending $80 for another one
- in to work
- 12:00 short meeting at Living Choice, home for lunch, salad, mailing device back to Garmin, heading to Grandmas assisted living home
- 2:00 visited with Grandma and a half dozen other elder ladies (as Grandma was out waiting in the area for bingo to start with the other ladies) - it was a high light of my day. One lady in particular was telling of her memories as a child; the Model-T that they had, her father heating bricks and putting them in the car so it wouldn't be so cold, the old local newspaper, living on a dirt road that was deep mud in the rain and they couldn't go anywhere, the tree by her window that got struck by lightning, ... so many stories... I wish I could have had the whole afternoon to just listen and recorded her stories! It was very neat to hear her share about her life as a child.
- back to work
- 5:45 quick dinner and off to youth
- 2+ hours working on the computer after getting home as ZoneAlarm seems to have gone awry and made it so one of the computers can't get on the Internet
- Now: day's almost over and a quick update. 18+ hrs spent today awake and doing various things: some planned and some not.

It was a moderate stress level today; certainly full; nice to get some exercise; good nutritionally (except for this bag of chocolate chips before me that was an attempt to sooth the stress due to this computer problem); family stresses were med-hi; God gave grace and joy - my family may like God to give a little more, but that would be a problem with the receiver not the sender ... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .